Thursday, October 11, 2012

~Big Cottonwood~ 3 New Posts

 This last weekend we decided to take a family trip up Big Cottonwood to see the fall leafs. We are a little late in the season but we did get to see Yellows and oranges (Some red but not much) While there we went on a little hike called Donut falls. It was a perfect hike for Kimberly. She had to walk on almost every rock she could find. Kimberly kept saying on the way up "mommy I'm to heavy!" I love what kids come up with. It was perfect weather, a little cold in the shade but warm in the sun. Ali enjoy the hike also! She was so excited and made noises the whole way up.



 Up by the waterfall there were a dozen or so chipmunks running around. They were so cute and actually got pretty close to us. They are hard to see in the pictures but that's what we are looking at!

 I love watching Jeremy with the girls. They love their daddy so much!

 Kimberly would NOT smile for these pictures (Like usual)



 Kimberly is quit the climber!


 Ali feel asleep on the way back down!
 They only bad thing about this trip is on the way back down I stopped to take a picture of the colors and Jeremy stopped to look at a granite rock he found. When all the sudden Kimberly screamed and I turned to see Jeremy flicking a bee off Kimberly's cheek!!! Her first bee stink and its on her face. Poor girl was so upset and was scared that if I put her down the bee would get her. It took some time to calm her down (I told her to find pretty leaves to take back to grandma) then she did pretty good. As soon as we got back to the car I put a penny on it. She surprised me and kept the band aide with the penny for the rest of the day. It didn't ever seem to bug her and there was no signs of being allergic. We got lucky, I had no benadryl with me so I am glad she didn't have a reaction to the sting! (A reminder to parents carry benadryl with you just in case)

That night when Jeremy put Kimberly to bed she said "stupid bee" (We don't like her to say stupid but for this it was a stupid bee) so Jeremy just said it was and bad bee. She asked if the bee fallowed us home and he told her that the bee died. It wouldn't hurt anyone anymore. I don't know if she understood it but she hasn't said anything sense!

It was a fun day and I am sad that we are heading into snow season. We will have to go hiking and camping a lot more next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment